Quick Facts about Me:
- Currently, I'm a Technical Team Lead at Andela, leading a team in building internal software.
- June 2012 - Mar, 2015 - I was working at C4DLab (employee #1) and School of Computing & Informatics (UoN) as a Graduate Assistant mainly involved with software development, teaching assistance and mentorship; then I pivoted from the path to being a university lecturer.
- Started iTech2020 Inc (Dec, 2006) back in the village, then joined with a friend of mine (@MurayaKamau - primary, high School and village-mate) to transition it into Deveint Ltd (2008). Now it's slowly becoming an established digital agency and software development house.
- In my free part time, I run my private innovation lab called Beyonde Labs.
- Play bass at Ahadi Band and Calvary Chapel Nairobi.
- Workaholic (hard to admit), non-conformist and a gracious perfectionist.
- Simple, minimalistic and lean.
- Startups/Business: Lean Startup Methodology, Startup Incubation, Business Management
- Design: UX, Adobe Illustrator/Fireworks, prototyping, Design Thinking.
- Music: bass guitar, piano,
- My Own Projects:
- Lugulu.net (2010) - a platform for my home village - Lugulu (Western Kenya) - archived (looking for contributor to make it vijiji.io)
- Ackdemia (2012) - a platform for connecting lecturers and students - archived
- GetKazi (2010) - a well-thought job search web application, soon re-emerged as Kazi+ (a recruitment platform for developers and IT specialists)
- Alums.co - a platform for connecting primary and high schools with their alumni - currently ongoing.
- Champions.io - "micro-philanthropy" redefined (in the pipeline).